POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Aug 2009 19:16:34
Message: <4a849ed2@news.povray.org>
On 08/13/09 17:24, somebody wrote:
> magically become better or worse because it's public or private. Health care
> in both USA and Canada stinks, and the latter is public (and arguably stinks
> more, since well to do Canadians rely on USA for their timely health care
> needs). Granted, the private vs public or how much of each is a major

	And the Americans rely on India for their timely health care needs as well.

	Your point?

	I have an article sitting around here somewhere that claims that in
Canada (or at least some of the provinces) if someone gets put on a very
long waiting list, and the doctor feels that it could be really
dangerous/fatal to wait that long, they're allowed to seek treatment
elsewhere (e.g. US) and get refunded.

	Can't find a way to confirm it...

	The point being that the long wait times are not necessarily due to
shortage of money, but due to shortage of doctors.

	And just as an FYI, health care in Canada is almost completely private.
It's merely government funded. Doctors don't work for the government,
though.

--
Doctor to patient: Although it's nothing serious, let's keep an eye on
it to make sure it doesn't turn into a major lawsuit.